Terms & Conditions
- Purchased items must be picked up on the removal date or definite shipping arrangements must have been made. After the scheduled removal date and time the items will be considered abandoned. No refund will be issued.
- Buyers Premium: A 15% buyer premium will be added to each purchase. If you bid $100.00 at check out you will be charged $115.00.
- Payment: Accepted forms of payment include Cash, Visa or MasterCard, Certified Check or Money orders before or on removal dates. Business checks will only be accepted with prior approval. The purchased items will not be released until the check clears the bank. There is a 2% discount in buyer’s premium for those bidders who pay in cash.
- During registration you will be asked to enter credit card information. This is done through a secure socket layer for the security of registering bidders. Upon registration, Authorize.net will automatically place a hold of $50.00 on the credit card on file. This acts as an authorization, not a charge. If there is a discrepancy in addresses or if the card is declined by the issuing bank, RAC will direct you to handle the issue appropriately before bidding. The card on file will not be charged unless you are a winning bidder in the auction; however, cash is acceptable at the time of removal.
- Bidding Errors: Please be aware that many bidders routinely increase their own bid to price an item out of reach of other bidders. You should immediately review your bids once submitted.If you mistakenly make a mistake on placing a bid on an item you must immediately contact our office by email. We will not reverse the bid after the auction has closed under any circumstances.
- Staggered Closing: The online auction will close 3 items per minute.
- Dynamic Closing: The closing time of an asset is automatically extended an additional 2 minutes whenever a bid is placed the last 2 minutes of the items closing time.
- Bid Notification: If you have been outbid you will be notified by email only. Restaurant Auction Company is not responsible for emails not received by the bidder notifying them of being outbid. If not receiving emails during the bidding process, check the spam folder of your email provider.
- Rating Scale: Our rating system is an educated opinion as to the current condition or appearance of the item. This rating system does not offer any implied warranty.
- Sales Tax: 6% Sales Tax will be charged on any auction where items have been removed from the original location. Sales Tax will not apply on any auctions in which the items remain at their original location.
- Exempt Status: If you are tax exempt, prior to the end of the sale you must email a signed State Tax Exemption Form. If this is not done prior to the completion of the auction, state sales tax will be added to the purchased item.
- Caution: For demonstration purposes various equipment may be joined. Do not assume a lot consists of more then is described.
- Warranty and Condition of items sold are “AS IS WHERE IS”, with no warranty. Descriptions are believed to be correct but are not guaranteed. Restaurant Auction Company will describe if the item has been tested and is in proper working condition. This description does NOT warranty the item. Many of auction items will have a number rating from 1 to 10 with 10 being an amazing piece of equipment in excellent working condition.
- Removal will be supervised by Restaurant Auction Company. It is the complete responsibility of the winning bidder to remove all items. No item will be released without presentation of a paid email receipt. Restaurant Auction Company will ship anywhere in the Continental United States. Freight costs are the responsibility of the winning bidder. Removal and Palletizing fees may apply.
- Restaurant Auction Company reserves the right to add or remove items form the auction. This includes items that have already been bid on.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract or agreement shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
Any judgments upon award rendered by the arbitrators may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Venue will be Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Restaurant Auction Company and Sellers liability shall be limited to the refund of the bidders purchase price.
Restaurant Auction Company is a Division of Chef’s Choice Foodservice Company, Inc.
The terms of the auction also apply to any involvement a bidder may have with Chef’s Choice Foodservice Company, Inc.
The Bidder by placing any bid on this auction agrees to the all the terms and conditions of the auction.