By placing a bid on item(s) in any Restaurant Auction Company auctions Bidders are entering into a contractual agreement with Restaurant Auction Company for the purchase of these items in the event that they are the successful high bidder at the conclusion of the auction. There will be no cancellations, refunds or chargebacks after the auction has closed.
Purchased items must be picked up on the removal date or definite shipping arrangements must have been made. After the scheduled removal date and time the items will be considered abandoned. No chargebacks or refunds will be issued.
- Buyers Premium: A 15% buyer premium will be added to each purchase. If you bid $100.00 at check out you will be charged $115.00.
- Payment: Accepted forms of payment include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. Credit cards will ALWAYS be charged at the end of the auction unless otherwise specified. You must have available balance on your credit card for your online purchases. At the conclusion of the auction, you will be sent an email with a total of the items you won.
- Registration: In order to bid you must first register to get a bidder number. To register click on the “Register to Bid” link above. This bidder number will be valid for all RAC auctions.
- Bidding Errors: Please be aware that many bidders routinely increase their own bid to price an item out of reach of other bidders. You should immediately review your bids once submitted. If you mistakenly entered an incorrect bid amount on an item you must immediately contact our office by email. We will not reverse any bid after the auction has begun closing under any circumstances.
- Staggered Closing: The online auction will close 2-15 items per minute. See individual auction details.
- Dynamic Closing: The closing time of an asset is automatically extended an additional 3 minutes whenever a bid is placed the last 3 minutes of the items closing time.
- Bid Notification: If you have been outbid you will be notified by email only. Restaurant Auction Company is not responsible for emails not received by the bidder notifying them of being outbid. You will be notified by email until midnight the day of the event. Please note that outbid notices are not sent on the day of the event closing. To quickly review your bids and see if you have won you can utilize the ‘review bids’ feature. Log into your account and select “View Watchlist”. All items that have been bid on and/or you are “watching” will be displayed. Bid status of each item will be displayed.
- Rating Scale: Our rating system is an educated opinion as to the current condition or appearance of the item. This rating system does not offer any implied warranty.
- Sales Tax: 6% Sales Tax will be charged on any auction where items have been removed from the original location. Sales Tax will not apply on any auctions in which the items remain at their original location.
- Exempt Status: For bidders with tax exempt status, prior to the end of the sale you must email a signed PA State Tax Exemption Form. Be sure to provide your Bidder #. If this is not done prior to the completion of the auction, state sales tax will be added to the purchased item.
- Caution: For demonstration purposes various items may be joined. Do not assume a lot consists of more than is described.
- Warranty: Warranty and Condition of items sold are “AS IS WHERE IS”, with no warranty. Descriptions are believed to be correct but are not guaranteed. Restaurant Auction Company will describe if the item has been tested and is in proper working condition. This description does NOT warranty the item. Many of the auction items will have a number rating from 1 to 10 with 10 being an amazing piece of equipment in excellent working condition.
- Removal: Removal will be supervised by Restaurant Auction Company. It is the complete responsibility of the winning bidder to remove all items. No item will be released without presentation of a paid email receipt. An electronic copy of your email receipt is acceptable however we recommend bringing a printed copy for ease when collecting your items. Restaurant Auction Company will ship anywhere in the Continental United States. Freight costs are the responsibility of the winning bidder. Removal and Palletizing fees will apply.
- Restaurant Auction Company reserves the right to add or remove items from the auction. This includes items that have already been bid on.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract or agreement shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
Any judgments upon award rendered by the arbitrators may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Venue will be Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Restaurant Auction Company and Sellers liability shall be limited to the refund of the bidders purchase price.
Restaurant Auction Company is a Division of Chef’s Choice Foodservice Company, Inc., PA License # AY002140
The terms of the auction also apply to any involvement a bidder may have with Chef’s Choice Foodservice Company, Inc.
The Bidder by placing any bid on this auction agrees to the all the terms and conditions of the auction.